or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    davidzihal shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminAvocode Team (Team, Source) responded  · 

We’re thinking about implementing this feature in the future.

However we would need your feedback so we can see whether we can implement it to properly satisfy your needs. Could you please comment the specific use case for layer comps in your workflow and how exactly are you using them?

Are you using layer comps only for showing and hiding of layers – effectively creating different states of the design?

Or are you also using them for changing styles and effects of specific layers?

Your input will help us figure out the best way to support layer comps if we are able to. If you have any example design which you could send us so we can understand how you use layer comps, please send it to team@avocode.com

Thanks!

30 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are also using them to show different states of the design. Currently I am forced to export the layer comps as individual PSDs and upload them all to a project in Avocode.

• Guillaume commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like others this feature is a must have when your work in compagnies with other designer & web integrator

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

3 years ago you guys said you were going to add Layer Comps support (18 Oct 2014).

I get that it might not be an easy thing to implement, but it's August 2017 now and still no word about when we can expect such a vital feature.

And while you're at it add the ability to segregate comments and annotations based on layer comps

• Shai Ryter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the layer comps feature as it is vital to manage different layout and scenarios in UX/Ui Design

are there any plans for this? we need like 50 licenses as soon as this is implemented

Currently layer comps are my workflow for showing states - may move toward artboards in the future. As of now, layer comps are a make or break feature since dev needs to see all states for measurements.

• Yuval commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Echoing further sentiments below. Layer comps are a pretty important organizational tool of psd designs showing various states or breaking apart different designs. Is there a sense of whether this is a priority or whether it's been assessed for degree of difficulty to implement ? Thank you.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base