Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
davidzihal shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  AdminAvocode Team (Team, Source) responded  · 

Hello!
We’ve got good news for you. You can finally import and inspect Adobe Illustrator files in Avocode. Please bare in mind that the AI file format support is still experimental and will be optimized over time.

Learn what is supported in the experimental version: https://help.avocode.com/projects-and-designs/how-to-directly-import-adobe-illustrator-files-into-avocode

Here you can find out how to use our new Illustrator plugin to sync designs:
http://help.avocode.com/projects-and-designs/how-to-sync-ai-designs-to-avocode-via-illustrator-plugin

If you have any feedback to our AI file support, please let us know at team@avocode.com.

Happy Avocoding!

Avocode Team

77 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I recommended Avocode to a fellow Designer,
    this was the first question he asked me... ;)

• Nevralgeek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Théotix Yes... And according to movies / TV Series, everyone's using a Mac and an iPhone. That's called "product placement".
    It's business.

Just a few logos on their footer because a trainee used Sketch once in one of these companies in order to design a logo for a little project, just like web agencies that includes "Wordpress" or "Apple" logos in their partners part of their websites just because they used a Mac to install a Wordpress template.

• Théotix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Nevralgeek Sketch is just "toy" specifically made for design interfaces and used by small companies like Dropbox, Google, Pinterest, etc...

• Nevralgeek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Robin Sketch on Mac is comparable to MS Paint on Windows. You can do digital paintings with Paint, but it's not what it's made for. So why are people trying to design websites on a toy like Sketch? That's pointless.

• Robin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Daniel Illustrator is supposed to be for creating logos/illustrations. I can never understand why it gets used for layout/web design. Sketch is much more appropriate.

• Matthias commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Importing Illustrator files into Avocode would be just awesome!

... because then you could use Adobe XD and Illustrator for prototyping ... and ship the finished views from Illustrator via Avocode to engineering

• max commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

export ai for icon fonts. Or, if the first complex, just like .ai file.

Feedback and Knowledge Base