I suggest you ...

Don't sync symbols used in artboards automatically with the new Sketch plugin

In 2.14.3, we released the new Sketch plugin. With the new plugin, symbols are synced automatically with artboards. You are then able to open all the symbols in Avocode automatically, instead of having to sync them manually again.

If this workflow doesn't fit your needs, please comment here why.

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Avocode TeamAdminAvocode Team (Team, Source) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JanJan commented  · 

any chance of disabling this feature? now my project page is overfilled. the developer should only see the artboards and not every single symbol. also the symbols are placed first on the product page.

• Mladen KolundžijaMladen Kolundžija commented  · 

I am sorry but this was definitely not the best idea: We would like to have control about the synching process: The solution we had in v42 was perfect: one check box (or what ever) to select all for synchronization, was exactly that we have in Avocode 2.14.4. Additionally it was also able to upload your individual selection.

For us there are two important cases we use Avocode:

Fist and a very important case is the customer communication we have in the design development phase: The way we have actually (manager.avocode.com) is perfect for that. The UI is reduced and exactly limited to the tasks of revisioning: comment function is perfect (placing comments locally with a chat and the possibility to set a task to „done“) – great! Nothing more is needed. For that we nead a simple and uncomplicated way to sync designs. In this phase of design development we don’t need any component is needed later in the technical development process, no symbols, no assets nothing like that. But we also don’t need any "stone age revision process" where we have to export JPGs or PNGs. This feels like working with QuarkXPress :-(--

Second technical development: Here we need to commit symbols, so we are able to use all these tools for technical development to inspect the design – and I mean inspect. Really if you like to have a efficient a consistent workflow and control about the assets you have to provide to the developer (e.g. svg – no inline attributes or what ever individual, img sets for multiple devices – high res etc.) you have to do this in Sketch. Avocode is is an additional possibility gives me the ability to export something designer don’t delivers me but not really an alternative to a consistent automated workflow in Sketch.

Finally, the combination of these two aspects: on the one hand design development and on the other hand technical development, is exactly the great USP of Avocode we LOVE and don’t like to miss in future!

Feedback and Knowledge Base