I suggest you ...

Support viewing Sketch layout grid in Avocode Manger

Currently developers cannot see the layout grid from Sketch in Avocade Manager.

Designers have to manually add rulers to every page and artboard. This is a big part of responsive web design.

Developers either have to approximate how many columns an element should be or manually measure and letting them see the grid as defined by Sketch would save a lot of time.

429 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminAvocode Team (Team, Source) responded  · 

Hey!
    We’ve just released Avocode 3.4 version with layout and grid support. You should now be able to see layout and grid options in the Guides list in the bottom right corner when inspecting newly uploaded Sketch, Xd and Figma designs.

For more info please check out this Help Centre article: https://help.avocode.com/assets-and-specs/measure-sizes-and-distances/how-to-show-layout-grid-or-rulersguides-in-avocode

Happy Avocoding!

26 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminAvocode Team (Team, Source) commented  · 

Make sure to reupload the design into the 3.4 version or above to see the layout/grid. Unfortunately we are not able to make it available for designs uploaded with older Avocode versions because we don't have the data.

• Olivier Guilleux commented  · 

Hi there, I have updated but unfortunately I can't see changes. Worse I can't switch on/off guides now.

• Sean commented  · 

I also have this problem, It's very pain. so I recommend you add this feature.

• Igor commented  · 

Add the ability to display the layer grid from Figma, please. This is the desired functionality.

• Olivier Guilleux commented  · 

Both Layout & Grid!

We usually tweak the settings of Layout/Grid.

• Justin commented  · 

is there any movement on this at all? for the scale of our team to put grids in every design manually on top of sketch is going to be a huge pain.....

• Przemysław Szulim commented  · 

This is must have for this app, right now I have to upload my design to InVision to properly show my devs how guidelines are positioned.

• Pierre commented  · 

Please add this feature ! The grid is the basis of the integration work! Without grid it is very complicated ! PLEASE :)

• Sten Van den Bergh commented  · 

This feature is an absolute necessity, when can we expect this? Our developers can't see the grid that is being used in any design..

• nunnoxyz commented  · 

This feature is needed please add it

• Gavin commented  · 

YES PLEASE! Currently I have to add comments with the grid system. This is a little time consuming when I have to do this for my responsive designs.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base